Our athletes go under cover to bring you the straight dope -- honest and accurate race reports from the front, middle, and back of the pack.

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Comiskey 2018

OK, it's now called Guaranteed Rate Field, but there were t-shirts everywhere saying "I still call it Comiskey" and I'm board with that!  Unfortunately for my wallet the only game we could go to this year was their only sell-out.  $86 each for a standing-room-only ticket.  But it was a good night out and I don't regret it.



The stadium is big and round.  It reminded me of Shea, and with a full house it was very exciting.  The opponent was the cross-town Cubs so the crowd was mixed, about 1/2 Sox fans and 1/2 Cub fans.  In the SRO area all was peaceful, but we saw two fights in the field level seats between opposing fans and other disputes that required security intervention.   It wasn't a problem though, and we never felt threatened.

The ambience was very Mexican, from the food to the audience.  This guy epitomized it:

 And the hot dog?  They had something called a Comiskey Dog.  I have never, ever had a better tube steak!

Comiskey get an A.



No comments:

Post a Comment